- Children in Family Law Disputes
- Child Abuse or Family Violence
- DNA Testing
- Changing the Child’s Name
- Relocation or Taking a Child Overseas
- Kidnapping, Airport Watch List and Recovery Orders
- Property Issues
- Consent Orders
- Binding Financial Agreements
Changing the Child’s Name
A child’s name cannot be changed without the other parent’s agreement or Court Order.
The Court will only allow a change of name if it is in the child’s best interests. An example of this might be when there is no contact with the father and the child.